Support and Safety Hub Practitioners
The Orange Door
- Heidelberg or Epping location
- Part-time or full time, fixed term positions available until June 30, 2021
- Salary Packaging of $15,900 per annum available
- Multiple roles available
About Kids First
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
About the role/Opportunity
Kids First Australia have an exciting Hub Practitioner role working within NEMA Orange Door; a multi-agency hub that delivers high quality, safe and effective responses, in partnership with Family Safety Victoria (FSV).
The Orange Door Support and Safety Hubs (Orange Door) were established as a recommendation from the Royal Commission into Family Violence and refer to the new access points for women, children and young people who are experiencing family violence, or families who need assistance with the care and wellbeing of children, to access the services they need to be safe and supported. The Orange Door aims to be accessible, safe, and welcoming and provide quick and simple access to services and supports. The Hub Practitioner role sits within a multi-agency team delivering high quality screening and triage, assessment, crisis responses, service planning, targeted interventions, and referral.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, or similar field.
- No less than 3 years' experience working the child welfare and/or family violence sectors.
- Experience working with families and children presenting with complex needs and risk issues in any of the following areas: Family Services, Child Protection, Intake and Assessment and/or other services working with vulnerable families and children.
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service.
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take home pay.
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program.
- Have access to regular supervision and professional development.
- 3 days ex-gratia leave each year
- Portable long service leave
- Be working in a friendly, supportive work environment
Please include your Curriculum Vita with two professional referees, and a Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria. To view the full Position Description or to apply, please visit the Kids First website at https://kidsfirst.recruitmenthub.com.au/Careers & enter ref code: 5260139
For inquiries about the position:
Alice Loney - Child & Family Service Manager (Orange Door)
Phone number: 0417 619 789
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion. Kids First welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working with Children Check, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia and a pre-employment medical (if applicable).