Early Years Support Officer
- Looking at using your superpower of strong organisational skills?
- Be part of a progressive, values-based organisation
- Full-time position for 3 years
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
About the Opportunity
Working within our growing Early Years program provide day-to-day administrative support to the Manager Early Years to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the unit to meet the requirements of the regulatory and funding bodies and all matters related to Education and Care legislation.
The role has a diversity of activities such as liaising with families and Council around central enrolment, data entry into the Kindergarten Information Management System, contribute to quality & risk management, liaise with the Kids First kindergartens to address their needs, assist with school readiness funding and support the Manager in service acquisition.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Skills and knowledge gained through completion of a post-secondary qualification or on the job training commensurate with the requirements of the work or Qualification and/or experience in Early Years field are highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, plan and organise your own workload and resources to achieve goals set and timelines
- Can-do attitude, with a personal value set that is aligned with Kids First Australia organisational values
- Demonstrated understanding of how to work in an integrated and collaborative way with others in a large team
- Demonstrated high-level of computer literacy and system knowledge, including Microsoft Windows, Teams and Outlook
Benefits of working with us:
Kids First offers a friendly and dynamic working environment, ongoing support and professional development opportunities, generous leave and salary packaging options, option to accrue for an RDO and a range of initiatives to support staff wellbeing.
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity Employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion. Kids First welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working With Children Checked, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia and a pre-employment medical (if applicable).
Salary: Paid under Kids First Australia and ASU Enterprise Agreement 2019 - Clerks Level 5, $26.46 per hour.
Applications must include a cover letter outlining the position title, a copy of your Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees and responses addressing the key selection criteria.
Enquiries can be directed to Di Earp on 0475 959 256 or email@example.com
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered.