Family Engagement Practitioner
Connect - Resourcing Fathers and Early Parenting
- Opportunity to play vital role in a vibrant, agile agency
- Part-Time Temporary
- Generous Salary Packaging
About the role
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in early intervention program for parents and their children, to strengthen parental connections and family relationships?
Our primary prevention work in maternal and child health is enhanced by a Home Visiting Outreach Service for families at particular risk of entering a stress pathway.
Our unique ‘all of family' program also offers a specialist Fathers element by offering centre based Brief Family Consultations for Fathers, and the Circle of Security Dads early intervention group program.
You will also:
- Offer home based brief sessional work, using either Promoting First Relationships or the Brief family consultation model.
- Assist in the planning, development and delivery of community development activities and
- Primary prevention sessions for new parents with their babies delivered in other community settings.
- Facilitate specialist early intervention groups for Fathers.
- Actively promote the services offered and provide timely responses to program enquiries for group work, home based work and related program activities.
- Hold tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work, counselling, or, child and family welfare or a related discipline.
- Qualifications in Promoting First Relationships and Single Session Family Consultation (desirable).
Kids First Australia (formally Children's Protection Society) is an independent not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting children and families since 1896. Our vision is that all children and young people thrive in resilient, strong and safe families and communities. Kids First has a proud reputation for innovation, high quality services, and an unequivocal focus on quality outcomes for children.
What we offer
You will be rewarded with a collaborative and focussed culture, career and professional development, work flexibility and an attractive salary including the opportunity to salary package to increase take home pay.
How to apply
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered. Please include a Cover letter outlining the position title, a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees and responses addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
Enquiries are welcome to Christine Denton, Child & Family Manager on 9450 0900.
ONLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ONLINE VIA THE KIDS FIRST WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED - PLEASE DO NOT APPLY VIA SEEK