Child and Family Wellbeing Consultant/Trainer
School Readiness Program
- Opportunity to play a vital role in a vibrant, agile agency
- Part time 0.6
- Generous salary packaging
- Be a part of developing a new program
About the role
The Early Years School Readiness Program at Kids First is seeking a professional who will work closely together to build capacity within early years services, to work with children and families who have experienced trauma and/or significant life challenges. The Child and Family Wellbeing Consultant/Trainer position is to deliver specialist Kids First training packages and provide brief family consultations as part of the school readiness funding menu.
- Deliver our school readiness menu model of service and other Kids First packages to a wide variety of audiences.
- Provide brief family consultations under the direction of the Coordinator.
- Delivery of Kids First specialist programs eg Caring Dads, Carer Kafe, Family Violence, Trauma informed practice.
- Conduct site visits where necessary to support implementation of strategies.
- Hold tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work, counseling or child and family welfare or related discipline
- Qualifications in Family Therapy, Single session work and/or Infant Mental Health would be highly desirable.
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (preferred)
- Current drivers licence and willingness and ability to use own vehicle (appropriate reimbursement of expenses provided) where a pool car is unavailable
For further information, please contact Di Earp, Manager Early Years on 9450 0972.
Successful candidates will be required to attend training on 7 & 8 August 2019