Infant and Family Worker
- Part-time position available
- Fixed Term - 2 years
- Thomastown and Heidelberg Locations
Kids First Australia (formally Children's Protection Society - CPS) is an independent not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting children and families since 1896. Our vision is that all children and young people thrive in resilient, strong and safe families and communities. Kids First has a proud reputation for innovation, high quality services, and an unequivocal focus on quality outcomes for children.
An exciting opportunity exists within our Integrated Family Services (IFS) program to join our Infant Family Team; a team that delivers innovative and evidence based methods to support families experiencing vulnerabilities, focusing on infants aged 0-5 years.
You will also:
- Using a therapeutic case management approach supported by Kids First Practice Principles, this position will provide brief, early or tertiary interventions for children and families.
- Provide tailored responses within a systems framework, utilising evidenced based methods such as the Promoting first Relationships program, in addition to other evidenced based methods.
- Provide services to families as part of Kids First new model of service, which offers children and families a holistic, flexible and coordinated response through our multi-disciplinary centres.
The successful candidates will have proven capabilities in the following areas:
- Providing high quality, ethical and professional interventions with vulnerable families and undertaking systemic psycho-social and risk assessments by applying practice models, relevant theoretical frameworks, organisational procedures, and relevant legislation
- Experience and knowledge in relation to Infant Mental Health and development.
- Understanding complex and diverse clients and ensure equitable, responsive and quality services
- Supporting change, innovation and contribute to quality improvements with a passion for evidence informed practices
- Working within an integrated and multi-disciplinary team
Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology or similar field is required. A Working with Children Card, National and International Police Checks and a driver's licence are also required.
You will be rewarded with a collaborative and outcomes focussed culture, career and professional development in specialist evidence-based practice models, such as Promoting First Relationships (PFR), work flexibility, staff wellbeing program, and an attractive salary including the opportunity to salary package to increase take home pay.
How to apply
To view full Position Description or to apply, please visit https://kidsfirst.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4761977
Applications must include a Cover letter outlining the position title, a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees and responses addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
NOTE: Successful applicants are required to undertake mandatory training in Promoting First Relationships (PFR) on 7th & 8th August 2019.
Tracey Edwards, Manager - Child and Family Services, Thomastown Centre
Ph: 9450 0900.